Monday, January 19, 2015

The Harvey Pekar of Swingers?

I love Harvey Pekar. American Splendor is one of my fave all time comics. I also love "the lifestyle" or "swinging", or "poly", or an being in an "open relationship" or whatever the fuck you want to call it. More and more I've decided that I don't like labels.

For years I've been thinking that I should start my own "sex" blog. Because, well... I think my sex life is pretty fucking amazing, and I would like to think, it might be kind of interesting to the average viewer/reader out there. I've been in "the lifestyle" for over 25 years now. I'm 50 years old now. I've had some mind blowing amazing adventures. I've had some "swinger nightmares". I've had many "average" get togethers. Yes, group sex can sometimes suck and be sort of boring. I've written many stories about some of my/our adventures that I'd like to share.

I also hate Jerry Springer and how the media in general shows swingers. That's one end of the fucked up bell curve. I think my wife and I are the other end. We've been married for over 20 years. We're the totally happy married couple that live next door to you and you would never suspect does this sort of thing. We also love each other like crazy and honestly think that "the lifestyle" has helped our relationship by increasing our level of communication and intimacy with each other. There are also million of other couples like us out there... well at least about 10% of married couples they say have some sort of "open relationship" in one way or the other.

At one point I thought it would be really cool to create a graphic novel about my adventures. Sort of like American Splendor. Telling real life "swinger" stories. I even know a good cartoonist who would be willing to help me out since I can't draw. But I'm lazy. Too much work to do storyboards. Maybe I'll still do it someday but in the meantime I figure I can tell some of my stories this way. Writing is easier and I like writing. I also think I'm sort of good at it. :-)

So with all respect and love to Harvey and American Splendor I thought I would call this little experiment American Swinger.

I'd also like to point out that if you had told me when I was 15 years old that when I was 50 I would be having some of the most amazing sex of my life I wouldn't have believed you. It only gets better as they say!

I promise the next post will be much more interesting. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment