Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Party poopers

So our party is officially a bust. In the past week we've had four different couples cancel on us. Wow. Amazing. Got the last email this morning. Another excuse/reason. I'm remembering now why I stopped doing this. So much work and then it can all fall apart like a house of cards just like that. Usually you deal with the 50% rule. Half the people you invite don't make it on the day of the party. We didn't even get that far!

The rational part of my brain says that it's just bad luck/timing. The emotional side of my brain says it's because we're obviously unattractive and boring and not fun. Sigh.

We have one of those rooms that you can cancel the day before. We think we'll just go ahead and chill this weekend and watch baseball instead. Just have fun at home the two of us. I'll probably try again in a few months. My plan was to do this four times a year. So we'll try again in January. I don't feel like putting in the work to set something up anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment